Postdoctoral research associate in molecular biology
Project: Development of techniques for dinucleoside polyphosphate capped RNA identification (2 years)
The young international group of Dr. Hana Cahova, located in Prague at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IOCB), is looking for young talented and highly motivated postdoctoral fellows to join our team in a project financed by the ERC CZ program. The position is available immediately. In general, the goal of Dr. Cahova research is an in-depth study of the chemical structure of RNA molecules (both coding and non-coding) and the role, biogenesis and biodegradation of these RNA structures.
The IOCB is one of the best research institutes in central Europe with an international environment and with excellent equipment and core facilities located in new or reconstructed buildings close to the city center.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on the project focused on the development of capturing techniques for non-canonical 5’ capped RNA. Recently, we have discovered an entirely new class of 5’ RNA caps in bacteria, based on the dinucleoside polyphosphate structure. This postdoctoral project will be focused on identification of RNA bearing these dinucleoside polyphosphate caps. After the development of specific method to identify modified RNA sequences, the function of modified RNA, the biogenesis, biodegradation and mechanisms of interaction of this particular RNA with host cell targets will be the objective of further studies.
- PhD degree in the field of organic chemistry, biochemistry or molecular biology
- Excellent theoretical knowledge and practical experience in organic chemistry or molecular biology
- At least one first author publication in a relevant journal
- Self-motivated person with a strong commitment to basic research
- Working in a young, promising and progressive scientific team
- Training, with possible opportunities in the form of specialized courses
- 5 weeks of vacation + 3 sick days, allowance for supplementary pension insurance and other institution benefits