PhD or postdoctoral position in biological machine learning
Our lab combines cutting-edge experimental (e.g., LC-MS, metabolomics, RNA-seq) and computational (e.g., bioinformatics, molecular networking, machine learning) approaches to develop rapid, generally applicable workflows for the discovery and utilization of bioactive molecules derived from plants. We are looking for talented and motivated computational researchers to join our team.
The successful candidate for this position will be developing models for the prediction of enzymatic and biosynthetic activities. Owing to the interdisciplinary nature of the lab, this project will be conducted in close collaboration with experimental researchers who will be generating data for model training and verification.
The IOCB is one of the leading research institutes in central Europe with a vibrant international environment and excellent equipment and core facilities located in modern buildings close to the Prague city center.
- MSc or PhD degree in the field of bioinformatics or machine learning
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Passion for basic research and science
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks of vacation
- Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to pension, culture, and sport; lunch subsidy
How to apply
Please email your CV, a cover letter, and contact details of 2-3 references to Dr. Tomáš Pluskal.
- Alexander Rives, Siddharth Goyal, Joshua Meier, Demi Guo, Myle Ott, C. Lawrence Zitnick, Jerry Ma, Rob Fergus. Biological structure and function emerge from scaling unsupervised learning to 250 million protein sequences. bioRxiv (2020). doi:10.1101/622803