Research and development specialist/Technician (Dr. F. Teplý group)
- We develop inhibitors of expression of c-myc gene, which is decisive for the majority of oncologic disorders. The inhibitory effect is based on stabilization of secondary structures in the promoter of c-myc gene.
- The work will include analysis of substances in vitro by polymerase stop method (radioactive version), FRET melting and thermophoresis. Best compounds will be further tested in selected cell lines (toxicity, analysis of the expression level of mRNA and protein).
- Interesting work in interdisciplinary research environment focused at developing new anticancer drug candidates.
- Work in a young and dynamic international team on the border of medicinal chemistry, biochemistry and pharmacology.
- Support for continuing education and personal growth (courses).
- Work contract (full-time employment) for 1 year with possibility of extension for three years.
- Place of work: IOCB, CAS, Prague 6.
- University degree (Mgr., Ing., or Bc.) in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology or related field.
- Reliability, responsibility, flexibility.
- Willingness to learn new methodological procedures, manual skills, a positive attitude to science and research (internal motivation).
- Knowledge of English and good computer skills (MS Office).
- The position is suitable for fresh graduates, laboratory experience is an advantage.
How to apply:
- Motivation letter and CV should be sent to Dr. Filip Teplý (email@example.com).
- Possible start immediately.
Postdoctoral position in molecular biology available in Prague
A postdoctoral position is available at IOCB in Prague in the laboratory of Dr. Evžen Bouřa. The research will focus on structural characterization of viral proteins hijacking human host factors using X-ray crystallography and SAXS as well as on structural characterization of inhibitor:enzyme complexes important for viral replication. The successful candidate will have a strong background in molecular and structural biology or biochemistry.
Contact: Dr. Evžen Bouřa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Dr. Michael J. Bojdys Group
Two postdoctoral positions in design, processing and applications of layered functional materials "beyond graphene" (BEGMAT).
[ Detail info here ]
Ph.D. Studentship - Dr. Michael J. Bojdys Group
Three Ph.D. positions in high throughput discovery of layered functional materials "beyond graphene" (BEGMAT).
[ Detail info here ]
Postdoctoral position in Biochemistry/Structural Biology: Prague, Czech Republic
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is willing to accept the challenge of cutting edge research at the interface biochemistry/structural biology of G-quadruplexes.
Job Description: This project is focused mainly at c-myc G-quadruplex and will also involve evaluation of small molecule ligands using techniques of biochemistry/molecular biology. Successful applicant for this postdoc position will be an outstanding self-driven person who will primarily explore the crystallizations of promoter G-quadruplexes with small molecule ligands. The aim is to elucidate molecular details of their interaction. Innovative crystallization approaches will be pursued. Located in the stunning city of Prague, our research facilities comprise a state-of-the-art instrumentation portfolio.
Requirements: Applicant must have Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or a closely related discipline. The candidates must be a first author on at least 2-3 publications. This position requires prior experience in biochemistry and structural biology techniques. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required as well as the ability to conduct independent scientific investigations. Position is for one year with possible extension.
Filip Teplý, Ph.D. and Pavlína Řezáčová, Ph.D.
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry CAS, v.v.i.
Flemingovo nám. 542/2
166 10 Prague 6
✉: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org