Postdoc position - IOCB Prague
Job description (Projects):
- Development of a molecular toolkit for control and investigation of the bacterial stringent response
- Development of novel antibacterials termed lipophosphonoxins
- Design and synthesis of azanuceloside phosphonates and -boronates as inhibitors of 6-oxopurine phosphoribosyltransferases and their prodrugs as potential drugs against malaria and tuberculosis.
- Ph.D. in Organic chemistry (synthesis, separation techniques, characterization – NMR, MS, LC-MS, IR..)
- English language
Salary: 36 000 CZK (Gross)
Start date: April 2017
- Employee benefits
- Extra week of vacation
- Walking distance from Metro station Dejvická
How to apply: Motivation letter and CV should be sent to Dr. Dominik Rejman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DIRECTOR: Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague
More information about invitation for applications is available here
Master / Ph.D. student - Ion Channels in Neurological Disorders
The Ion Channels and Diseases lab of Dr. Norbert Weiss (www.theweisslab.com) at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry in Prague, Czech Republic, is looking for a motivated Master/PhD student interested in studying the molecular and cellular basis of neuronal disorders linked to calcium channels. The project involves functional analysis of calcium channel activity in cell lines and primary neurons by patch-clamp electrophysiology, confocal microscopy, in combination with various techniques of molecular biology and biochemistry.
Work in the lab focuses on the molecular physiology of T-type calcium channels, with an emphasis on elucidating the molecular mechanisms and actors controlling their trafficking to the cell surface, in normal and pathological conditions.
The lab is located at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (www.uochb.cz), which is a leading and interdisciplinary research center with international faculty and students.
The position will be available starting as immediately as February 2017 and is open for Master and Ph.D. students in a relevant field (neuroscience, biology), and ideally prior experience in patch clamp electrophysiology. Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae, a description of their scientific interest and the name and contact information of up to three references who are able to comment on your academic background to email@example.com. A good command in English is a requirement. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Research and development specialist/Technician (Dr. F. Teplý group)
- We develop inhibitors of expression of c-myc gene, which is decisive for the majority of oncologic disorders. The inhibitory effect is based on stabilization of secondary structures in the promoter of c-myc gene.
- The work will include analysis of substances in vitro by polymerase stop method (radioactive version), FRET melting and thermophoresis. Best compounds will be further tested in selected cell lines (toxicity, analysis of the expression level of mRNA and protein).
- Interesting work in interdisciplinary research environment focused at developing new anticancer drug candidates.
- Work in a young and dynamic international team on the border of medicinal chemistry, biochemistry and pharmacology.
- Support for continuing education and personal growth (courses).
- Work contract (full-time employment) for 1 year with possibility of extension for three years.
- Place of work: IOCB, CAS, Prague 6.
- University degree (Mgr., Ing., or Bc.) in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology or related field.
- Reliability, responsibility, flexibility.
- Willingness to learn new methodological procedures, manual skills, a positive attitude to science and research (internal motivation).
- Knowledge of English and good computer skills (MS Office).
- The position is suitable for fresh graduates, laboratory experience is an advantage.
How to apply:
- Motivation letter and CV should be sent to Dr. Filip Teplý (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Possible start immediately.
Postdoctoral position in Biochemistry/Structural Biology: Prague, Czech Republic
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is willing to accept the challenge of cutting edge research at the interface biochemistry/structural biology of G-quadruplexes.
Job Description: This project is focused mainly at c-myc G-quadruplex and will also involve evaluation of small molecule ligands using techniques of biochemistry/molecular biology. Successful applicant for this postdoc position will be an outstanding self-driven person who will primarily explore the crystallizations of promoter G-quadruplexes with small molecule ligands. The aim is to elucidate molecular details of their interaction. Innovative crystallization approaches will be pursued. Located in the stunning city of Prague, our research facilities comprise a state-of-the-art instrumentation portfolio.
Requirements: Applicant must have Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or a closely related discipline. The candidates must be a first author on at least 2-3 publications. This position requires prior experience in biochemistry and structural biology techniques. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required as well as the ability to conduct independent scientific investigations. Position is for one year with possible extension.
Filip Teplý, Ph.D. and Pavlína Řezáčová, Ph.D.
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry CAS, v.v.i.
Flemingovo nám. 542/2
166 10 Prague 6
✉: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org