Every year, IOCB Prague opens up to ten postdoctoral positions in chemistry and biochemistry, funded by the IOCB Fellowship program. Each fellowship is granted for one year with the possibility to apply for an extension by one more year. Submission deadlines are twice a year on 1 April and 1 October.
The institute provides a competitive gross monthly salary of CZK 60,000 plus compulsory employer-paid contributions to health and social insurance. The salary is subject to income tax. Full health insurance coverage is part of the fellowship. Travel expenses of up to CZK 50,000 per year for attending conferences and workshops are also covered. Based on availability, temporary accommodation in one of the guest houses of the institute or the Czech Academy of Sciences may be offered at affordable rent.
The committee considers applications from strong candidates from reputable institutions in Czechia and abroad, documented by original publications in respected journals and a competitive research project. For Czech applicants, international experience is of great advantage. Applicants must be not more than seven years from the award of their first doctoral degree. This limit can be extended by maternity/parental leave (18 months per child).
How to apply
Interested researchers must contact a prospective supervisor at the IOCB and agree with them on a research project before their application can be submitted. The project proposal should be consulted with the applicant’s supervisor but prepared solely by the applicant. Two letters of recommendation shall be written by individuals well acquainted with the applicant’s academic work and abilities.
The applicant subsequently submits the application package, except for the letters of recommendation, as a single PDF file to the prospective group leader, who submits the package to email@example.com. Two letters of recommendation must be sent separately and confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org by their authors.
Recipients of an IOCB fellowship are obliged to submit, within one month after the end of the fellowship, a final report to the fellowship committee. The report should include copies of their papers published during the fellowship or, if no papers have been published during the time, a one-page report of the results.
The application must include:
- The applicant’s contact address
- The applicant’s CV
- A cover letter
- A copy of the applicant’s Ph.D. diploma
- A list of the applicant’s publications
- The name of the host work group at the IOCB
- A letter of support written by the leader of the host group
- A clear and concise project plan that summarizes the state of the art, details the research planned and puts the project in context with the host group’s research activities (3–4 pages)
- The envisaged starting date of the fellowship
- Two letters of recommendation
Each request for extension must include:
- A cover letter
- A letter of support written by the applicant’s supervisor
- A summary of the results of the first year not exceeding two to three pages
- Plans for the extension period not exceeding three pages
- Copies of publications published or submitted, or drafts of planned publications
For more information please contact Dr. Iva Pichová: email@example.com