Gonçalo J. L. Bernardes
17 April 2018
Dr. Gonçalo J. L. Bernardes (University of Cambridge, UK & Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal)
Chemical Physiology of Antibody Conjugates and Natural Products
Date and time
17 Aprill 2018, 3 p.m.
IOCB Prague, Lecture Hall (Building A, 2nd floor, A2.01)
Our research uses chemistry principles to address questions of importance in life sciences and molecular medicine. This lecture will cover recent examples of emerging areas in our group in:
- building linkerless antibody-drug conjugates through direct and site-selective conjugation of anti-cancer drugs to antibodies ;
- construction of artificial metalloproteins for controlled and tissue-specific carbon monoxide (CO) delivery and their use for CO-immunotherapy in cancer ;
- harnessing the power of natural product architectures in cancer chemical biology. By identifying on- and off-targets for anti-cancer entities and unveiling the underlying molecular mechanisms of target recognition, we explore the use of natural products as cancer modulators and ligands for the selective delivery of cytotoxic payloads .
-  Freedy AM, et al. Bernardes GJL: J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 18365.
-  Ferreira MC et al., Bernardes GJL: Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 1172.
-  Rodrigues T et al., Bernardes GJL: Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 11077.