What we offer PhD students
At IOCB, we offer a comprehensive selection of employee benefits, including support for female scientists with small children, special events for PhD students, and an expansive lecture program featuring leading scientists from all over the world.
- 5 weeks of vacation + 3 sick days
- competitive pay in addition to regular student stipend
- meal allowance
- system of employee benefits provided by Benefity.cz (sport, culture, wellness, etc.)
- supplementary retirement contribution
Support for female scientists with small children
At IOCB, mothers of children three years of age and younger are entitled to financial support to help cover the expense of a nanny, nursery school, or day care.
- Bootcamp – a weekend event to let incoming students get to know one another
- PhD Science Club – a monthly cycle of presentations on advanced PhD projects
- International Summer School on Advances in Drug Discovery (in collaboration with the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel)
- Visits to other scientific institutions
- Lectures by renowned scientists from around the world and opportunities to meet with them in smaller settings
- Classes and workshops focusing on personal development, including language skills, scientific writing, presentation skills, and grant writing
Our community of PhD students also organizes a variety of leisure activities ranging from board games to rock climbing.