PhD projects at IOCB Prague – Call for Applications 2021
IOCB Prague is looking for talented, independent, and highly motivated PhD students with an MSc. degree or equivalent in life sciences or related fields.
- Online registration deadline: 21 February 2021
- Online interviews: 8–12 March 2021
- Individual virtual visit of preselected applicants in labs: 15–19 March 2021
How does the PhD at IOCB work?
- CHEM – organic and medicinal chemistry
- BIO – biochemistry, bioinformatics, molecular biology
- PHYS – analytical, physical, and computational chemistry
You can select up to 3 projects. You can cross the clusters but it is not recommended – the clusters should help you to find faster your discipline of PhD study.
- Cover letter
- BSc. and MSc. transcripts
3. APPLY. [Applications are closed]
4. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for online interviews conducted on 8–12 March 2021. The interviews will take place via the Zoom platform.
5. Candidates selected during the interview will have the opportunity to contact the group leaders and members of the groups to which they have applied individually on 15–19 March 2021.
6. Results will be sent to candidates within two weeks. If accepted by a PI, the candidate must apply for enrollment at the university listed by the PI for the selected project.
7. Regardless of whether or not you have been selected, the final result will be sent to you by 3 April 2021.
PhD students must be enrolled in a partner university and will be employed by IOCB at the same time (part-time or full time) with a competitive salary (a scholarship from the university + a salary from IOCB). The IOCB guarantees a minimum wage of CZK 26,000 (approx EUR 1000) gross with a full-time job.
Each university has its own process, conditions, and deadlines for PhD applications that differ from the IOCB recruitment process. You can discuss details with the respective PI.
Deadlines and dates for IOCB Call for Applications 2021
- Application submission: 21 February
- Shortlisting/sending invitations to selected candidates: 3 March
- Interviews: 8–12 March
- Virtual visits: 15–19 March
- Final decisions: 3 April
Deadlines for PhD applications to universities
- UCT Prague: 15 April
- Charles University (Prague): 30 April
- Masaryk University (Brno) – Faculty of Science: 30 April
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague: 30 April
- Palacký University Olomouc: 30 April
Please note these deadlines are subject to change due to the pandemic situation. You can find current information on the universities' websites.
Want more information?
For general inquiries please contact our PhD coordinator Alena Drda Morávková at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scientific inquiries address to supervisors mentioned in proposed PhD projects.