International Scientific Board
The International Scientific Board is the project's supervisory and advisory body, composed of leading international experts in their respective fields. The Board annually reviews the scientific activities of the project and makes recommendations in relation to research plans and other activities with a view to improving the quality of the research and the publication of its results. The Board also assesses the application potential of the selected results and how to protect them.
- Witold Filipowicz (FMI Basel, Switzerland) – exceptional breadth in RNA biology including transcription, translation, splicing, ribosome biogenesis, non-coding RNAs and microRNAs, extensive experience with review & advisory boards
- Michaela Frye (DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany) – a recognized expert in the control of gene expression through chemical modification of RNA, RNA methyltransferase
- Matthias Hentze (EMBL, EU) – Director of EMBL Heidelberg, a world-renowned expert on protein-RNA interactions and RNA metabolism and its role in disease
- Martin Jacko (Aperture Therapeutics, USA) – an expert in RNA therapeutics and commercialization/technology exploitation strategy for treatment
- Claudia Kutter (Karolinska Institute, Sweden) – a recognized expert on RNA processing, tRNA & translation, the function of non-coding RNAs and their relationship to disease
- Olivier Namy (I2BC, France) – Scientific Director of CNRS, an expert on regulation of translation termination and human hereditary diseases caused by PTCs